Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shincheonji, where I found the light and love

 

“I was able to feel the heaven when I came to Shincheonji”

On December 12nd, in front of the main door of Yeomju indoor stadium, a vast placard written as above was displayed. Around the Yeomju Stadium, there were multitudes of people holding flowers on their hand and at the left side of the entrance, people wearing indigo costumes with mortarboards were standing in a well organized way.

The number of these people was 1503. This large scale event was a graduation ceremony of Shincheonji Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony(Shincheonji).

• The reason people go to Shincheonji

On this day, people from Shincheonji Peter tribe (GwangJu, Sunchon, Mokpo, and Yeosu) and graduates filled the Yeomju indoor stadium completely, which has 9100 total seats. Although Shincheonji is being criticized by traditional churches as a heresy group, it is now having escalating number of people registered as member.

According to the data provided by Shincheonji Peter tribe, there were 1101 graduates on last February. And now, in 10 months, 1503 more people registered as members of Shincheonji.

Especially Mr.S, who made the main speech representing the graduate group, was the one who harshly criticized Shinchonji. During his speech, he said, “according to pastors from traditional churches, I heard that Shincheonji is a notorious heresy group, which illegally imprisons people and commits violence. However, my experience in Shincheonji was love itself.”, “I, myself is an advocate of seeing what Shincheonji did. I found out that nobody can prevent stopping people coming to Shinchonji.”

Mr.Kim(51), a graduate of Shincheonji, said that he was totally satisfied with what Shincheonji taught to him, different from what traditional churches teach; teaching the Bible in vague and unclear ways. He also said, “At Shinchonji, I was able to learn the Bible in an organized way by studying and now I understand metaphors and parables in the Bible clearly.”
 
▲Picture of class of 93-2, Shinchonji Peter tribe. On Dec 12nd, 1503 people had graduation ceremony at Yeomju stadium, Gwangju, S. Korea. (Picture provided by Shinchonji)


*Everything is different in Shincheonji

Mr.Bae, an official of Gwangju Handicapped Association, said that although he has been in other events lead by different churches, he never experienced large scale event as this one. He said, “Although people say Shincheonji is a heresy group that illegally imprisons people and commits violence, what I experience from them is totally opposite.

Mr.Bae said, “I was very impressed with the attitudes of graduates sitting in the stadium for several hours in an organized way, without going to bathroom.”, “I think this event can be a good model for others.”

Four or five times every year, about 50 members of Shincheonji Gwangju church volunteer for Handicapped Association, which has been 10 years from now. Mr. Bae remarked that “although volunteers are different for each time, the attitude of them never changes. I sincerely appreciate the members of Shincheonji, who have been serving us for 10 years.”

• The history of Shincheonji is a promise of God

An official from the theology department of Shincheonji Peter tribe explained that, to take official 6 months course, one should acknowledge the word of God first by studying the Bible within a small group.

Furthermore, he also emphasized that graduation is not the end. To be officially registered as a member of Shincheonji, one should learn the culture of Shincheonji first.

Mr.Jaesub Ji, who is the leader of Shincheonji Peter Tribe, said “Since we, Shincheonji, are performing our duties according to the Bible and what God said, one should believe this.” He also mentioned that “It is not human’s work. It is God’s work. The ones who really need to know about this are pastors. Like the scripture of Acts 5:38~39. People will only find themselves fighting against God if they try to stop us.”

9 comments:

  1. This is amazing.
    Many people are graduated.
    I want to study God's words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You will find the history of Shinchonji is a promise of God.

      Delete
  2. I was also blessed by that ceremony when I graduated.
    Many people gave testimony of their own.
    I was so proud of being one of Shinchonji members.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one who wish to know the bible and behave according to the word is a true believer . I appreciate my Lord letting me know the truth. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorifying God as the fruit of the first harvest of each month shinchonji

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow,
    “I was able to feel the heaven when I came to Shinchonji”
    I agree that !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only Shinchoji shown us exactly way of salvation and God's will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see the briht light there~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shincheonji will be everlasting Heavenly Kingdom~!

    ReplyDelete